Monday, June 14, 2010

Bad ideas...I seem to have quite a few

So it rained all weekend so I did not go hiking on Saturday with ex-boyfriend B. Thank goodness. This whole staying friends idea is not working for me. It turns out I actually don't like him - at all - and find him obnoxious, dull and void of any emotion which if you know me, doesn't really work since I'm 95% emotion when it comes to friends and relationships. Saturday night I'm hanging out with some friends playing games involving adult beverages when around 11 p.m. I get a text from ex-boyfriend B saying he wants to meet up. At this point I've enjoyed quite a few of these tasty adult beverages and decide it's a great idea to text back.

BAD IDEA #1

This texting back and forth soon ensued into me telling him he's an asshole yet I still like him which makes my hate myself for liking a man who isn't even really a man. And I mentioned a few times how I didn't think he was attractive and was a horrible boyfriend. Anyways my point is who at 11 p.m. on a Saturday night texts to an ex-girlfriend saying you want to hang out as "friends". Bull shit. That's a booty call.

The next afternoon I called and told him I was sorry.

BAD IDEA #2

He never accepted my apology and really I shouldn't have apologizes but that's how I role. All he said the whole conversation was ok. So then I told him I never wanted to talk to him again and hung up. Not exactly how I wanted the conversation to go but whatever. He is now out of my life FOR-EV-ER (Sandlot reference).

That isn't a great story when I type it up. Mainly because I don't care to get into the nitty gritty because in all actuality I wasted too much time thinking, talking or even trying to date this dude. So I'm not going to waste my time away anymore. Plus there are many more opportunities - summer opportunities - to go meet other gentlemen.

No comments: