Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"They come for the winters but they stay for the summers."

I have multiple running lists in a little pink notebook. Lists of accomplishments, lists of places I want to travel, lists of types of men I want to date, and the lists just keep accumulating. Last night I was looking at my Colorado Summer list. It's a long running tabulation of places and events I want to experience during summer (my favorite season) in Colorado. So here's my list; some have been accomplished, others are summer traditions and others have yet to be experienced.
  • Attend the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.
  • Hike a 14er.
  • Raft the Royal Gorge and the Numbers.
  • Tube Boulder Creek.
  • Run the Wild West Relay.
  • See a "Film on the Rocks" at least once a summer.
  • Bike the Ride the Rockies.
  • Hike Longs Peak to see the sunrise across the eastern plains.
  • Kayak Pumphouse State Park.
  • Listen to a Bravo! concert in Vail.
  • Backpack into the Never Summer mountain range.
  • Attend the Teva Mountain Games in Vail.
  • Mountain bike the Fraser experimental forest.
  • Explore the vendors at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. 
  • Hike sections of the Colorado Trail.
  • Lax it up at the Vail Lacrosse Shootout.
  • Walk threw the various farmers markets throughout the state.
  • Head out to see 'Blues & Brews' on Denver's Pearl Street.
  • Bike with the Denver Cruisers and make sure to wear the theme for the evening.
There are more and I'll keep updating as I explore and find more interesting and fun things to do in Colorado during the summers. 

    No comments: